Presently we are not yet accepting Spring 2024 Guided Field Study Trips. You may begin booking for 2024 on Tuesday, January 2, 2024. Please consider a Fall 2023 Guided Field Study Visit to the Park as there are openings for those.
Wildwood Park is south-central PA’s premier wetland and study area. School groups experience 229 acres of shallow lake, swamp, riparian areas, field, forest and 6 miles of trails. They learn while exploring trails and touring our “green” Nature Center. Quality field study programs range from wetland and wildlife ecology to PA plants and animals. Wildwood Environmental Educators are professionally trained naturalists who provide practical hands-on instruction.
Wildwood Guided Field Trips
- Fees: $5 per Dauphin County participant, $7 per out-of-county participant; teachers/chaperones are free; $150 minimum fee required for all guided field trips. All reservations require a program deposit of $50 upon registration.
- Click here for a complete list of Field Trip Topics.
- Each program includes and outdoor component with up to two rotations guided by an Environmental Educator. Those topics will be selected in the registration process.
- An option to explore our indoor Exhibit Hall may be included in rotations.
- Groups of 25 or more will be divided into groups and rotate through stations. Teachers may be asked to lead one or two of these rotations.
- All programs are offered year-round unless otherwise stated in the description.
- Programs are rain or shine; please dress accordingly.
- Outdoor covered picnic areas are available for use.
- Students may visit the Nature Shop during lunch or after the program.
- Students should not use cell phones or other electronic devices during the course of the field trip.
- Teachers/Chaperones are expected to manage their group and lead them to each rotation.